About the role
The Marketing & PR department of BYD Europe defines the entire range of activities to market and brand our electric vehicles in Europe. We mix a combination of channels to reach out to our stakeholders. These channels include events, sponsorships, conferences, advertising, social media, printed materials, and other PR activities.
BYD Europe is looking for an experienced Public Relations (PR) Manager a natural communicator who likes the excitement of new challenges and is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment – to join our team and help us enhance a favorable image of our company with clients, potential customers, influencers and the public.
Working closely together with the marketing professionals in Europe and China to design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness.
he key responsibilities of the PR Manager will be to:
- Develop effective PR plans using appropriate strategies and tactics;
- Organize, coordinate and manage various PR activities;
- Measure the performance of each activity and event;
- Build and maintain corporate relationships with key media in Europe;
- Act as the main point of contact for all media enquiries; arrange and coordinate interviews; carry out interview preparations, provide visual materials, prepare press kits;
- Create all external communication materials, such as press releases, speeches, invitation letters, content for the website, leaflets;
- Prepare social media content and strategies, administrate and analyze BYD social media accounts in Europe;
- Coordinate cooperation with PR agencies in the Netherlands, the UK and other countries;
- Stay up to date with PR and industry trends and best practices;
- Manage sensitive issues and handle PR crisis to maintain company’s good reputation.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations in the automotive industry, especially in other OEMs, dealer groups or as a journalist;
- Strong interest in automotive industry especially in the new energy vehicle sector;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluent English language skills. French, German and Dutch languages will be considered an advantage;
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem-solving;
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public relations, Marketing, or in other relevant field
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR campaigns;
- Expert knowledge of social media, online marketing, and internet culture.
- Able to multitask and handle various projects in different stages simultaneously;
- Flexible and able to adapt fast;
- Proactive and energetic communication style.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan;
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays;
- Commuting allowance when working from Office;
- Department & company wide teambuilding events;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏