About the department
The R&D department plans the sustainable product and technology roadmap for Europe and works on developing advanced, full electric bus series which fulfill current and future European public transportation market needs. By cooperating with European leading suppliers, the R&D department continuously upgrades design and engineering abilities for excellent product performance and quality.
The R&D team is looking for a fast learning, junior electrical engineer to support the design of Low Voltage; On-board systems in our electric buses.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design of the bus on-board system;
- Engage with European customers to capture the key technical requirements
- Manage European and Chinese suppliers to ensure compliance against the key requirements;
- Interface with the R&D team in Shenzhen, China to ensure European functionality and performance requirements are included in the new product development lifecycle;
- Support technical manager throughout the design process;
- Give the necessary inputs to the Design Engineer to ensure that the design meets the new requirements;
- Prepare the design specifications of the buses and make the product description documents and engineering documents required to support tender;
- Involved in the entire design process, input the customer's requirements to R&D China;
- Responsible for technical communication with Supplier and Customer.
- Product management and market research;
- Work in an international team of multidisciplinary engineers;
- Preparation of detailed technical presentations for both internal and external project engineering review;
- Undertake continuous training and development;
- Lead and/or support technicians and trainee engineers;
- Understand the voice of customer for European electric buses;
- Train people within own work group.
- Bachelor’s/HBO degree in electrical engineering;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese language;
- Very clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem-solving competencies;
- Excellent organization skills and able to work well in a team setting;
- You have a creative mind and strong analytical skills
- You are able to put yourself in the shoes of our customers and you can put complex information on paper in a clear and orderly fashion;
- You are curious about how systems work in the bus;
- Understanding of legislation and standards.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan;
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays;
- Commuting allowance when working from Office;
- Relocation allowance and visa sponsorship if applicable;
- Department & company wide teambuilding events;
- Plenty of career growth opportunities within a fast growing R&D team.
- Exposure to the European commercial EV customer base as well as to the state-of-the-art R&D HQ in China;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏