About the role
The PDI engineer will be responsible for the quality control in the workshop in the Netherlands and the last check before delivery to European dealers.
As Workshop PDI Engineer your key responsibility areas will be:
- Providing Pre Delivery Inspections (PDI’s) and quality control on new trucks and value-added work carried out in BYD forklift Workshop/warehouse.
- Reporting on the quality issues on the new units and feedback to the quality department.
- Technical advice and support on forklift and warehouse trucks.
- Technical input for existing product improvement and new product development.
- Technical inspections and renovating actions such as mast swapping, battery repair, and maintenance, dismantling from parts, mounting of extra features such as data loggers.
- Occasionally external service jobs (abroad) and assisting and advising the product specialists.
- Assembly of cabins (after training by manufacturer) and additional equipment.
- Testing modifications of the trucks in cooperation with the quality manager or product specialist.
As Workshop- PDI Engineer your daily tasks will be:
- Conducting the PDI work carried out on the BYD forklift and warehouse trucks;
- Reporting on the PDI’s to the quality manager.
- Technical assistance to BYD product specialists and AS managers.
- Preparing rental – demonstration trucks.
- Repair transport damage.
- Responsible for the final delivery of new machines in the excellent state.
- Checking and setting of truck parameters.
- Flashing new software.
- Test driving of the trucks.
- Proactive feedback on quality issues.
- Experience as a service or workshop engineer on forklifts and warehousing equipment.
- Completed technical education in mechanical engineering studies.
- Very good English language skills.
- Customer-friendly and service-oriented.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including MS Office.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan;
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays;
- Commuting allowance when working from Office;
- Department & company wide teambuilding events;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏