About the role
Engineers required for below regions:
- South West England
- East of England
- Scotland (East-central / North-east)
BYD is seeking Field Service Engineers to cover various energy storage site locations across the UK. This role is responsible for reporting to the UK ESS Operations Manager. The Field Service Engineer will perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and warranty repairs along with commissioning activities on BYD energy storage units across various client locations within the UK.
Tasks & Typical duties/responsibilities:
- Maintain BYD Energy Storage Systems to a high standard by carrying out annual PPM checks, annual capacity tests and reactive works
- Responsible for working in a safe manner at all times
- Provide phone support and remote diagnostics to customers
- Keep up to date with any administrative duties such as timesheets, daily vehicle checks and providing daily job logs describing issues and actions taken during service trips
- Troubleshoot equipment located at customer sites
- Perform start-up and commissioning services at customer locations (SAT)
- Assist the in-house system engineering group in product development and/or project work
- Provide suggestions based on field experience, to improve the products
- Prepare and perform customer training at BYD as well as at customer facilities (if required)
- Ideal candidate: NVQ3 (C&G/EAL) in an electrical/ electrotechnical discipline (installation/testing/inspecting) + BS7671 18th Edition
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical/control schematics and SLDs
- Previous HVAC training and F-Gas qualification advantageous
- ECS/CSCS card
- The Job role requires strong understanding of IT related subjects, CMD, remote desktop connections, networking (subnet, VLANs, static IP/DHCP), MODBUS/TCP protocols
- Working knowledge of power electronics / inverters / converters / generators / PLCs
- Highly advantageous: Second language Mandarin/Cantonese/Xiang but not critical.
- Full training, company vehicle, fuel card, sim card and laptop will be provided.
- A current full clean UK driving licence (manual license) is a requirement for the role.
- This role involves travelling to different sites which have been categorised regionally, the travelling time is limited, but may have some occasions where staying overnight is required due to the nature of work
- Prove your right-to-work in the U.K. is essential
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualification
- Overtime pay
- Workplace pension
- Team building events and employee learning opportunities
About BYD UK
BYD UK is the UK distributor of BYD Company Ltd which is a China-based company and a global leading-edge provider of green energy technologies. BYD UK offers a range of electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses and all-electric forklift trucks. BYD is expanding its UK operations to support a growing portfolio of electric bus projects.