About the role
Project Engineer has a thorough understanding of all stages of project management and has demonstrable experience with the execution of multiple complex projects in accordance with contractual obligations. The Project Engineer will give support to the sales team by maintaining a collaborative relationship with the dealers/customers and by giving assistance during the sales process.
Based on deep market knowledge, the Project Engineer will support BYD R&D to define and develop the BYD e-Truck line up. You will be responsible for the internal and external coordination of all lifecycle of related product actions towards the dealer network, including start of orders and timings of new products. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with factory, R&D and dealers to support dealer/customer orders.
Project Engineer reports directly to eTruck Director.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To help on the definition of the most appropriate BYD product line up, its complete definition, and launch planning;
- To help the most competitive product strategy in each market, including promotional activities, through market research and competitor analysis;
- To ensure coordination of product activities with BYD HQ in China through Project Management, R&D, Production and other involved teams;
- To define and nominate official converters, specifying conversions and characteristics;
- To propose product improvement developing recommendations;
- To support marketing team on the preparation of the brochures, product sheet for each market;
- To support dealers in their delivery period;
- To coordinate PDI process together with BYD’s partners;
- To coordinate all product updates with ordering & Invoicing;
- To assist KAM and Sales team from order to delivery period.
- To report the status regularly and be aware of new competitor’s products
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in automotive industry, preferably in commercial vehicles business at similar level;
- Educational background in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering;
- Highly developed analytical skills;
- Great knowledge of commercial vehicle market, including its conversions and legal & tax conditions;
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills;
- Highly skilled Excel, PowerPoint and Word user;
- Fluent spoken and written in English & Chinese
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan;
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays;
- Commuting allowance when working from Office;
- Department & company wide teambuilding events;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏