About the team:
Tender team is the one winning bus orders for the company!
Tender team is cooperating with all company departments including the Managing Director, Sales Director, Country Sales, R&D, After-sales, Legal, Finance, Project management and Sourcing teams to achieve our common goals. Tender team is the one coordinating and communicating with not only BYD team but also the clients and various suppliers.
Want to be a fast learner in bus industry, skillful project manager and a team player? Join us!
About the role:
The Tender Specialist analyzes and coordinates the tender documentation flow between several departments to create the best possible offer. The Tender Specialist is able to switch focus quickly, balances several tasks with tight deadlines and communicates in a diplomatic and energetic manner.
The Tender Specialist is part of the tender team and the larger sales team and reports to the Tender Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Tender evaluation phase:
- Translate, analyze and summarize initial government or bus operator tender inquiry;
- Lead, monitor and smoothen communication between Sales managers, R&D Engineers, After-Sales Engineers, Legal & Finance team colleagues during tender evaluation phase;
- Collect and analyze evaluation forms;
- Share expertise and constructive feedback during the tender SWOT evaluation process.
Tender preparation phase:
- Handle multiple tasks with various deadlines in several tenders simultaneously by coordinating tender documentation between all parties;
- Propose and push forward innovative solutions to secure a balance between the client`s inquiry and BYD`s offer;
- Together with the R&D team translate the technical information into concrete, easily readable and distinctive offer for the client;
- Together with Sales team formulate the quotation strategy;
- Collect, analyze and summarize tender documentation from all included parties and submit to the client;
- Communicate with the client about possible questions and further price offer negotiations;
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Follow the determined processes, safety and environmental instructions
- Report improvement opportunities in the organization, processes and incidents via an improvement note.
- 3+ years of relevant experience;
- High sense of responsibility;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to prioritize and work independently;
- Value added if with technical background but not a must;
- Confident, professional and flexible;
- Team player;
- Energetic and stress resilient;
- Fluent in English, proficiency in the Chinese language is a plus;
- Willing to travel occasionally within Europe.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan;
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays;
- Commuting allowance;
- Department & company wide teambuilding events;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏