About the role:
Are you a fresh graduate and looking to develop your engineering expertise in a company that stands for technological innovation and the creation of a sustainable future? Do you want to work within an enthusiastic team of multiple engineering disciplines and be part of a diverse and international organization?
We offer exciting career opportunities in the electric mobility field.
About the department:
BYD is market leader across all ranges - passenger cars, trucks, buses and warehousing equipment.
The R&D department plans the sustainable product and technology road map for Europe and works on developing advanced, full electric vehicles series, which fulfill current and future European private transportation market needs. By cooperating with European leading suppliers, the R&D department continuously upgrades design and engineering abilities for excellent product performance and quality.
As a junior R&D Engineer, we will offer you a serious of training courses, which will range from basic knowledge to the deep technology insight of both passenger cars and commercial vehicles. After that, you will then do research, analysis and evaluation of E-mobility products, user experience, usability and etc. with one of our professional teams. You will use these research insights for the product development and iteration, working closely together with product, design and engineering teams.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Conduct competitor’s benchmark research regarding product evaluation, technological feasibility, and specification strategies;
- Conduct user research in European markets. Generate the market segmentation and personal analysis;
- Work with cross-functional departments (marketing, sales, etc.), offering data-driven insights for technical advice in product development plans, improvement opportunities, new features development, and product evaluation.
- HBO, Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive Engineering or relevant field.
- Great oral / written communication skills in English. Chinese and other European languages will be a plus;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and conduct research practices in an agile way.
- Data management, processing skills, and analytical methodologies to give critical insights, and share with cross-functional teams and stakeholders for new possibilities in product development.
- Passionate about New Energy Vehicles Industry;
- Self-motivated but also an active team player;
- Driving license B could be a plus.
- An exciting opportunity in a promising industry.
- Job in a fast growing company that represents sustainable and forward-thinking technology;
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan, commuting allowance, 25 days of annual leave with opportunity to purchase extra 5 days;
- Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏