The Key Account Manager is responsible for developing the representation of the total proposition of BYD within Direct Customer market: Key Accounts, Rental Companies and National Leasing Companies. All in coordination and full alignment with our Partners in the distribution channel. Actively supporting by giving detailed market feedback in terms of needs, potential and plan of action if applicable.
This role would be well suited to an experienced Key Account Manager with a successful sales background & network and track record in new business, maintaining a strong sense of ownership and highly motivated to adapt to a start-up phase with exponential growth perspectives.
The Key Account Manager reports directly to the Country Manager
Location: Milan, Italy
- Develop the Direct Customer business area, creating the brand proposition, coordination dynamic with Partners and commercial policies.
- To acquire new Direct Customers in order to realize solid car parks at fleet owners.
- In order to finalize contracts with Direct Customers:
- Negotiate on volumes and model-mix (in line with BYD Europe target).
- Making quotation proposal, calculating margins, taking budget into account.
- Bonus driven volume program/realizing kick-back constructions.
- Define, coordinate and facilitate Direct Customer sales strategy and operations across our Channel Partners.
- Responsible for keeping good customer relations on board level with Direct Customers and channel Partners.
- To develop sales activities and incentives towards Direct Customers in a structured manner, in order to increase sales in the fleet, leasing and rental market.
- Collaborate proactively with other departments to develop plans and strategies to meet customer needs and grow profitable sales.
- Responsible for keeping the related administration up to date, including contracts and communication towards channel Partners.
- Develop the local implementation of European agreements in cooperation with European KAM department and with channel Partners.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- A relevant education at Higher Vocational (Bachelor) level, such as commercial/business economics
- Extensive experience and proven results in a commercial role in the automotive sector preferably at a leasing company or OEM.
- Solid knowledge and experience with MS Office
- Good negotiation technique
- Excellent English language skills
- Able to work independently
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏