Product Compliance Manager
About the role:
As the Product Compliance Manager (Passenger Car) in BYD Europe, you will be responsible for overseeing the compliance efforts of our passenger car products in the region. You will develop and lead a team of compliance experts, working closely with the R&D and legal teams to ensure that our passenger cars meet all regulatory requirements and comply with laws and regulations at European, national and industrial levels. The primary focus of Product Compliance Team will be on the "last mile" of passenger car product homologation at national and industrial levels, ensuring that all necessary approvals and certifications are obtained before our vehicles are released to the target market. You will also be responsible for maintaining and updating our compliance policies and procedures to ensure that we remain current with all regulatory changes and updates.
The European Product Department focus on market, customer, policy, regulation researches, and competitor analysis to develop a comprehensive product strategy that aligns with our vision and goals. We aim at creating an impactful European NEV portfolio that exceeds user and market expectations, while ensuring that all regulatory frameworks and business requirements are met. With the successful introduction of BYD HAN and BYD ATTO 3 in 2022, we are excited to welcome talents who can support us in bringing more competitive passenger car models to the market in 2023.
As a member of the European Product Department, the Product Compliance Manager (Passenger Car) will report directly to the EU Product Manager (Passenger Car).
- Develop and lead the compliance team in the European Product Department, by providing direction, guidance, and performance feedback to team members, and promoting a culture of compliance excellence.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive passenger car product compliance program. Coordinating across departments, partners and authorities for the implementation of the "last mile" (National, industrial levels) compliance activities in the target markets.
- Investigate local regulatory requirements and maintain a close connection to local authorities and relevant associations in the industry to keep the organization aligned with the latest regulatory trends.
- Supporting the homologation and testing projects (e.g., WVTA testing, E-NCAP, RCAR) according to the compliance demands, and respect the quality, cost, and delivery targets.
- Provide necessary support the R&D and legal teams, such as researching interpretations and filing compliance demonstrations of EC/ECE homologation demands to ensure that all passenger cars in Europe meet or exceed the foundation of European legislation and regulatory frameworks.
- Participate other product department activities such as customer clinics, product launches, and test-drive events in Europe.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Engineering degree in Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or relevant field.
- 8 years of experience in automotive product compliance or relevant fields. Experience in team development and management is preferred.
- Excellent oral / written English communication skills, Chinese or other European language capabilities will be a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge with European and national compliance requirements related to new energy vehicles (incl. PHEV), such as legislation, safety, environmental requirements and industry practices while launching a new product.
- Experience managing relationships with regulatory authorities, local authorities, unions or associations, and third-party testing organizations.
- Familiar with whole vehicle and subsystems technologies.
- Passionate about NEV and creating a sustainable future.
- Disciplined, fact-based, and rational approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a customer-centric, can-do, live-and-learn mindset.
- Valid driving license B or equivalent driving license for passenger cars.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan, commuting allowance
- 25 days of annual leave with opportunity to purchase 5 extra holidays
- An exciting opportunity to lead European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏
- Product Marketing
About BYD Europe
As the first overseas subsidiary of BYD group, our main focus is to provide European customers with new energy vehicles, rechargeable batteries, solar panels, energy storage systems and other new energy products, as well as related after-sales services.
Product Compliance Manager
Loading application form