Product Localization Owner, Benelux
About the role
As the Product Localization Owner (Passenger Cars), your main responsibility is to lead and facilitate the localization of our passenger car portfolio in the Benelux market. You will actively coordinate with the product, sales, marketing, and R&D teams in Europe and China to provide valuable feedback on market trends, policy changes, competitor tendencies, and expectations from users or partners. Your role will also involve managing product localization programs to ensure a smooth product launch and successful deployment.
The European Product Department focus on market, customer, policy, regulation researches, and competitor analysis to develop a comprehensive product strategy that aligns with our vision and goals. We aim at creating an impactful European NEV portfolio that exceeds user and market expectations, while ensuring that all regulatory frameworks and business requirements are met. With the successful introduction of BYD HAN and BYD ATTO 3 in 2022, we are excited to welcome talents who can support us in bringing more competitive passenger car models to the market in 2023.
As a member of the European Product Department, the Product Localization Owner (Passenger Cars) will report directly to the EU Product Manager (Passenger Car) .
- You will take the lead in product localization projects in the Benelux market. This will involve identifying market requirements and uncovering consumer insights that will help us develop products that meet the needs of our target audience.
- Manage product demands from various stakeholders, including user groups, dealers, and local authorities or associations. To achieve this, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, sales, business planning, and marketing, to convert the demands into product implementations that align with our product strategy.
- Manages local product campaigns, such as test-drive events and customer clinics, to help refining our product proposition, and raise awareness of our products and generate interest among potential customers.
- Develop and manage the regional product team, ensuring that the team is aligned with local business expansions and has the necessary skills and resources to support our product localization efforts in the Benelux market.
- Support the product marketing team with local market, consumer analysis, and competitor benchmarking, providing valuable insights that will help us develop effective marketing strategies for our products.
- Support other local activities, such as validation tests and product training, at the early stage of (pre-) launches of new passenger car models in Europe. By doing so, you will help ensure that our products meet all relevant regulatory frameworks and business requirements.
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Sustainable Transition, Automotive Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in the product management or related industry, a proficiency in project management is a plus.
- Oral/written fluency in English is mandatory; Chinese or other European languages is a plus.
- Strong data collection and analytical skills, with the ability to extract and present critical insights.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all technical teams and disciplines.
- Disciplined, fact-based, and rational approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a customer-centric, can-do, live-and-learn mindset.
- Passion for NEVs and sustainability.
- Understanding of NEV technical paths, performance parameters, design, and their impact on UX.
- Valid driving license B or equivalent driving license for passenger cars.
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan.
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays.
- Commuting allowance when working from Office.
- Department & company wide teambuilding events.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏
- Product Marketing
About BYD Europe
As the first overseas subsidiary of BYD group, our main focus is to provide European customers with new energy vehicles, rechargeable batteries, solar panels, energy storage systems and other new energy products, as well as related after-sales services.
Product Localization Owner, Benelux
Loading application form