About the role:
As BYD Europe expands its operations, we are seeking a PDI Specialist to join our Vehicle Logistics Department. In this role, you will play a crucial part in executing pre-delivery inspections for vehicles arriving in and departing from Europe and other markets. Your responsibilities will include managing the smooth movement and delivery of vehicles.
As a PDI Specialist, you will ensure the quality and condition of vehicles, collaborating with various Logistics Service Providers and Compounds to implement, monitor, and report on pre-delivery inspections for new arrivals, stocked vehicles, and outbound shipments. Your work will ensure timely, complete, and high-quality vehicle flow across our supply chain, from our headquarters/factory to dealers and end-consumers throughout Europe. You'll work alongside a team of logistics professionals and PDI specialists who share our green vision, contributing to seamless deliveries and continuous improvement.
Your responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Planning, instructing, controlling, and reporting on pre-delivery inspections for new inbound vehicles, stored vehicles, and outbound shipments. This includes exterior and interior damage inspections, component and accessory reviews, handling damage claims, software, and language adjustments, and coordinating with third-party inspectors, as necessary;
- Developing and continually enhancing company processes to ensure quality control and effective pre-delivery inspections at all designated ports and compounds in Europe;
- Creating detailed reports and identifying trends for issues discovered during the pre-delivery inspection process;
- Conducting root-cause analysis and collaborating extensively with quality, production, and engineering departments to address issues found during PDI;
- Maintaining accurate records of new vehicle arrivals and vehicles that have completed the PDI process to prepare them for delivery;
- Taking corrective actions for on-hold vehicles and ensuring they are ready for delivery on time;
- Coordinating with Delivery, Sales, and Service teams to incorporate their needs into the PDI process;
- Building strong relationships with our Logistics Service Providers, ensuring clear understanding and prioritization of our requirements;
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of internal and external compliance standards for vehicles passing through the company's PDI process and promptly escalating concerns for non-compliant vehicles;
- Anticipating approximately 50% or more travel time.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an automotive service or inspection role;
- A Bachelor's degree or technical certification is a plus;
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of Chinese, Dutch, or another European language is advantageous;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, fostering effective relationships across departments and with various service providers;
- Proficiency in using light machinery and power tools;
- An innovative and proactive mindset, with a focus on process improvement and continuous enhancement;
- Strong team collaboration skills with attention to detail;
- Proficient in using Excel; Data collection, analysis and display.
- A high level of interest and understanding of IT-related Transport Management Systems;
- Resilience in high-stress situations, with a problem-solving and results-oriented approach;
- A valid Driver's License .
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, pension plan;
- 25 holidays + option to purchase 5 extra holidays;
- Commuting allowance;
- Department & company wide teambuilding events;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of European transition to Zero Emissions transportation and de-carbonization of the economy.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏