About the department:
The Marketing Department within BYD Europe is responsible for developing and implementing tailored marketing strategies specific to the European region and create comprehensive plans that resonate with the European target audience. Our team works collaboratively to optimize brand visibility, increase market share, and drive business growth within the European market.
As Events Specialist (Position) you will:
Play an important role in creating and executing a successful event’s strategy in Europe.
Events are a core component of the BYD marketing action plan and a fundamental part of introducing BYD and our products to the European market. This role will work closely with our nominated agency to ensure excellence and ROI is achieved for each event.
Additionally, the incumbent will also develop event guidelines and packages for the BYD Retailer network to participate in and ensure events are leveraged across all channels, such as Social, CRM and digital.
Finally, by the nature of events schedule, this role will require the incumbent to work flexibly across weekends with significant travelling required as per the events plan.
Key objectives and responsibilities:
- Create an annual events schedule, identifying key events that BYD should participate in to maximize brand exposure – a multichannel approach should be taken – B2C / B2B / Press etc.
- Manage and execute the plan in line with designated budget
- Ensure all events are of the highest possible quality and adhere to BYD brand standards
- Agree and initial sign-off of booth designs and concepts - final validation Marketing Manager.
- For each event, ensure a content plan is developed in conjunction with Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Ensure specific customer journey defined and implemented for each event
- CRM follow up
- Social targeted follow up
- Responsible for Brand Ambassador selection and performance monitoring at events.
- Develop and implement robust Retailer Event support plan – event materials, uniform, suggested venues etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY:
- Close alignment with Digital Marketing Specialist will ensure all events are leveraged to create social media content and extend reach beyond the physical event.
- Develop activations to support any brand partnerships that are in place.
- Ensure strict adherence to budget for each event and timely payment to suppliers
- Ensure full training and quality checks of Brand Ambassadors in place to meet brand standards and expectations
- Agree and define KPIs ahead of each event and measure performance versus these: -
- Booth visitors (software to be investigated)
- Leads collected
- Attribution to sale
- Full post event report to be maintained and submitted to Marketing Manager within 3 days post event.
- Brand Awareness
- Funnel metrics specific to events: Booth visitors / Leads / Test Drives / Sales
- Budget adherence
- University Degree in Marketing, Sales, or commercial disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience in Events Management / Automotive industry or Branded Retail Products.
- Proven track record of delivering events planning and management of agencies
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- An eye for detail – events are the physical manifestation of BYD brand, so quality is a must at all events.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize and work proactively with efficient time management skills.
- Resilient and open minded
- Results oriented. Ability to work to deadlines, hands on approach, motivated to get results.
- Connected with our Mission and a more sustainable Future.
- Effective and eloquent communicator in English is mandatory (German and/or Mandarin Chinese would be a plus)
- Job in a fast developing company which embodies sustainable and forward-thinking technology;
- Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, commuting allowance;
- Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
Our Purpose is to build a zero-emission future that reconnects humanity with nature and a World of clean air. We are looking for talent that connects with this mission and want to create positive impact by joining a diverse and dynamic team 🌏